Thursday, December 6, 2007

Lotta Poking Around

Thurs. Dec 6th. Yeah, there was a lotta poking around (needles) in the hospital yesterday. 5 at least. 1st bloodwork was more than 15 vials of blood. All tolled, probably less than a pint which is what I used to give in the olden days. The phlebotomist wanted me to drink some OJ for sugar support. Then to the docs evaluation including the biopsy (#2 poke) which is fine (gotta phone call from Coco about an hour ago, I'm still fine in remission at 3%.). Then Suzanne, the Clinical trial nurse for a skin test (Poke #3) which is similar to a TB test we've all had. EZ. Then over to the Adult Hospital at Memorial Sloane Kettering for the vaccination, which is 2 more pokes. One EZ, one more challenging. Then you have to sit for 30 minutes to be sure you don't have any negative reaction to the injection. They take your vitals a couple of times. I was fine, no problemo.

So, that's over. Gotta go back tomorrow to have the skin test examined, but no pokes!!
My new Bass Trombone is a gas!! I even had a chance to use it in rehearsal last night with SwingTown. Getting ready for some gigs. I'm digging the cold weather. I should go for a walk. Have a great day. Speak to you soon. JIMBO

2 comments:

Randi said...

Good news, Jim. I hope they leave you along for a while. Love you, Randi

Debra said...

Dear Jim: Congratulations on 3%! That's wonderful news.

Maybe see you this weekend.

Lots of love,
Debra & Elfin