Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools Day

4/1/08. 5th Inning of Rained Out Opening Day. New Joe!
So today at the hospital Dr. Maslak released me from the Clinical Trial. My 2 bad reactions, 1st a swollen right leg, then last week a swollen left arm were enough evidence of potential future problems that the Docs decided to not put me through anymore of this routine. Frankly if they come up with any other such ideas I'll beg off until next winter. I'm a little bit tired of the number of runs into the hospital and look forward to minimizing that for a while. When the phlebotomist took 16 vials of blood I was surprised and looked at the order and saw the phrase "End of Study" so I knew in advance of seeing the docs today what was up.
We will miss Suzanne and Mariah who are such excellent special nurses. Thanks to my buddy John for providing transportation today. We had a good time catching up. Saw 2 of my previous roomates today; Brad looks fine, doing communications on his laptop; Moshe and his Mom are fine. I told him how much my Grandchildren love his music. His Mom offered me a good Pesach. Also saw Donna, our Social worker and asked for Saga, the art therapist. I dropped 3 frames off for the art show. I'll be posting invitations to the opening soon. Enjoying mostly good energy but am trying to slow down. I stayed home alot last weekend while Carol went to Beckys. Tomorrow night Swingtown plays at the Vets hospital. Thursday night a 4 piece Jazz gig in town. Fri-Sun down to Bethesda to celebrate Maayani's 5th Birthday (April 3rd). I'll try to take some pix to share. Spoke to cousin Billy today. He has some fine old slides to share; I gotta get up to see him. He was by here last week but I missed him. Kim was by to see me Sat. We had a good lunch at the pub. Bruce and Judy were up in the lake house. Sounds magnificent. We're getting ready to open the Woodstock house next week. Can't wait. I'm walking more and trying to up the exercise.
Enjoy the beautiful spring. Thanks again for your messages, prayers and support. JIM

2 comments:

Randi said...

Hi, Jim. I think it's a good idea to take a rest from the studies--you've certainly done your part. I hope the swelling is better, and I hope you and Carol have a wonderful weekend. Give our love to Boo, Greg, and the Grands, even the one on the way! Tell Grandma that we are looking forward to seeing her on Saturday. Please tell her we'll come early and bring Chinese food, okay? Lots of love, Randi

Debra said...

As usual, I agree with Randi. Time for a much-deserved break for rest, music and whatever strikes your fancy. You're supposed to be retired, you know!!! :)

See you soon.

Love,
Debra