Thursday, December 3, 2009

Post Thanksgiving

Dec. 3rd, 11 am. Hope you all are well. We're doing fine. Carol cooked for 27 people and did a fine job. When I was sick in the hospital in November 2006 Pete from the diner sent in a pumpkin pie.....he still gives me one every year..and gave another to my son in law last Sunday as the kids left for home. Pete and Fifi run a good diner here in Maplewood.
So. Facebook and the internet continue uncovering friends and students from the past. Great fun. This week a musician I haven't heard from in 50 years, found. 1 new diagnosis, my buddy Steve from college is dealing with Chemo for AML (same as my disease...but remember each case is unique). I've been visiting him and phoning him and he seems to be dealing. I go for checkups, and Carol as well, in 2 weeks. So far so good.
Been playing up a storm. Jazz, Symphony, Big Bands, Brass Quintet recital, string quartet rehearsal (cello), and trombone quartet today. Tonight a little holiday music for the Vets in the hospital in East Orange. All enjoyable.
Greg brought to me a new 32" flat screen on Black Friday. Amazing. Hooked it up to my fine sound system and am digging fine stuff. HBOs 25th Anniversary RnR Hall of Fame concert; Orff's Carmina Burana with Ozawa; Chris Botti on PBS, etc. etc. I also have a nice collection of music DVDs I love. I shared the Bach box with Lori and Ty this week. Fun.
Went up to the Woodstock, NY house Monday just to see the place and enjoy the ride. It was cold, but enjoyable. Carol and I had enjoyed Rehoboth Beach last month, and have already booked a week on Captiva, FL for January. Can't wait. But, of course we still hope for some snow. We like some of it. The ice I can do without. Carol took the Grandchildren ice skating at the Arena last week. I wish we still could skate outdoors here in Maplewood but it no longers gets cold enough for a long enough period of time. I think they have given up even flooding the parks anymore. Different era. Enjoy the holidays. Time to put up the tree and trains and have us some fun. JIMBO

5 comments:

Debra said...

The pictures look great, especially the reclining bicylist! Always glad to read a new post on your blog. See you soon, Debra

Randi said...

The house looks beautiful--I haven't been there in a long time. Definitely this summer! Lots of love to you and Carol, Randi

James Buchanan said...

I love you guys. Thanks for checking the blog. JIM

Randi said...

Our pleasure--the feeling is mutual!

Debra said...

We missed you at the party at Randi's. It was really nice. I hope you had a good day, too, and the driving wasn't too bad.

Keep on blogging!

Love you,
D.-