Saturday, December 18, 2010

Up Early

12.18.10 7am. Been up early, since 4:30...Coffee at 5..You tube of The Stones at 5:15 and since...Satisfaction...Meet Devil...You Can't Always Get...etc. Reading Keith's book on the new Kindle. Also Ben loaned me Ben Ratliff's book "Jazz Ears" to devour. Carol and I dig Crosswords. Getting gifts for friends, relatives, each other. "Tis the Season. The cards are going out. The gigs continue...some for pay, some for fun..some as a gift to people and the World...kids, neighbors, Vets, patients, the hungry, the masses. I love to be immersed in the music, whatever, the blues, country, chamber music, the orchestral stuff, the swing bands. It all involves the brain, the heart, the joy, the challenge, meeting all kinds of challenges from whoever/whatever you're playing, to where you're going etc. It's a great place to be. T and I talk about it all the time. We're getting ready to Cruise to the Caribbean with a Symphony Orchestra (listening/customer/traveler, not as a player this time). A getaway is necessary now. Usually it's Captiva, this year something different. Back to Captiva later. Waiting for a DVD of last weeks "Country For Kids" programs. I'll add it as soon as I get. Meantime here's a vid from last Summer. Have fun. Happy New Year. Stay healthy. Keep lovin'. Peace. Go For It. JIMBO

1 comment:

Randi said...

FUN!!! I saw Carol get up and walk in front of the stage in the video--I recognize her hat. Love to all of you, Randi