Saturday, April 30, 2011

Spring health, music, art and flowers.

Carol and I are fine with good numbers all around. Carol was planting her flower boxes on the deck today, looking good. More plants into the garden this week. We ducked up to Woodstock to strip the seat covers...we take them home and wash them to get ready for the season. We'll open up Memorial Day weekend. Today I played Jazz at the Art gallery celebrating the closing of our "Take Five" Jazz Month show. Next week I bring artwork into the hospital for the annual patients art show. Brought 2 old windows back from Woodstock to use as frames for some pastels. Tomorrow Beethoven's 3rd and Mass in C up in Sparta, NJ. Fun gig.
Am playing Jazz each Monday evening at the Parkwood Diner. Lotsa fun. Good crowd. Yesterday I went to Juilliard to hear a former pupils BA degree recital...real fine. Corey Schutzer. He's off to play in Europe before working on his Masters.
Maayan was a delight on the Skype this week. Love these Grands. Saw Elana on Skype at our Easter Sunday Seder. Fun.
Gotta go see/hear Lee's rock band tonight at 10 in HCK. Have fun y'all. JIMBO

2 comments:

Debra said...

I was going to ask about the art show -- just mentioned it to Elfin! What's the opening date?

Love,
Debra

Kathy said...

Hello Jim,

I learned of your cancer struggle from Jane Erickson, a member of the church I attend. I spent the last hour reading your blog and wanted to congratulate you on your great health status. I am recovering from a stem cell transplant for AML, after a relapse late last summer. I went through very similar induction/consolidation treatments, as you did, in 2009.

Are you still playing Monday nights at the Park Wood Diner? Would love to hear you and meet you in person. I too, have a blog, to keep people informed and to keep my sanity!
A Rare Cancer Journey

Stay well,
Kathy