Sunday, July 24, 2011

Blogosphere Find

Sun. July 24, 3:47 am. I came across David Finckel's Blogs today...about his performances, travels, and his thoughts about performing music with a cello...that is technique and ideas about making music. David is an extraordinary writer as he is a musician and it is an inspiration to read his blog. Carol and I are very interested in maybe one joining the CMS tour/cruise. I especially recommend these blogs to musicians.
I spent the early part of Saturday practicing double bass and shaping up the fingerboard. Then sharing some DVDs with Debra Vogel, then a meeting with X Finity about changing internet service, then a quick set of laps in the Pool. Then to Maplewood Center for a delicious ice cream, followed by early to bed, since the Yankees already lost earlier in the day. I'm up for a while after checking the blood sugar values. I've been much better under control since beginning therapy with Victoza for weight loss.
It was great to speak with Rebekah again today after Shabbot, the first since the kids return from Israel. They had an amazing tour. Now back to reality. The kids have many summertime adventures still to come; camp, California, etc.
Tonight we continue performance at our SummerMusic Concerts with tuba in the Concert Band. Tomorrow back to the Diner with the Well Fed Trio. No more big band Mon. morns until after Labor Day.
Back to MSK for a checkup on Aug. 3rd. Speak to you after that. Keep cool. JIM

1 comment:

Debra said...

Hi, Jim. It was great to see you, Carol and the Great One. I really enjoyed the Vince Gill song. Next time I'm over I'd like to listen to more of the concert to hear Trisha Yearwood, too.

Love,
Frister/D.-