Thursday, May 17, 2012

Joys and Loss

It's been a beautiful spring of Joys and Loss. Today our dear Sophie has gone to rest. Last week my cousin's wife Marty died after a wonderful couple of weeks with her family. During my last post I told you Steve had passed. Then Pat had gone to rest. We enjoyed a beautiful Memorial service for Dick Kniss in Woodstock 2 weeks ago. Yesterday Chrissy's Mom passed. And so we see the fullness of life this Spring, from rebirth in our gardens, and many fine performances of music and dance people have been preparing for months or years, and then to the space to say I Love You and the time to say goodbye, as best we know how. Meantime I am fortunate to sit here at the computer to kvell, celebrate, the joys of living and loving....my Grandchildren, my wife, my brothers and sisters, my friends, my fellow patients, my doctors and nurses, my family and colleagues. I feel great. I enjoy seeing people, partying, hearing the music, playing the music, seeing the paintings, making the paintings etc. We're a fortunate lot here. No wonder it is so difficult to say goodbye. We try so much to enjoy all this it is painful to see some leave us. Yet we all must take our rest and leave this place sometime. Soooo....in the meantime enjoy the beauty, the sunrise, the sunsets, the warm nights and bright days. Play your hearts out. Dance up a sweat. Enjoy that meal man. Thanks for checking in. We're doing ok. The docs keep checking me out and so far so good. We will keep looking forward.Enjoy this time of life, and get ready for the pool, the lakes, the warmth. Peace. JIM

1 comment:

Debra said...

Hi, Jim. Incredible post. Thanks so much.

Sending love to you, Carol & The Great One,
Debra