Monday, October 1, 2007

#6

Mon. 10/1/07. 6:00pm. Number 6 Bone Marrow Biopsy (or Aspiration, both today) to be used as the baseline for the Clinical Trial. Also had blood tests (12 vials; not as much as a pint) and urinanalysis. Signed all the paperwork etc. Once these baseline tests are examined and I'm totally accepted into the trial we'll begin the prevaccination shots and the vaccinations (in a couple of weeks). So while they are shoving needles and drill like tools into my hip bone I tried to lighten things up: "so you use Lidacaine instead of Novacaine in this procedure? Yes. Must be the female version of the drug". Hah!! Both Carol and I had to miss our Lifelong Learning classes today. Next week as well since I need another CT Scan to monitor the fungal material on the lungs and the liver. I keep turning red at times. I swear this condition existed before my illness, from either blood pressure meds or some other sensitivity. But...we've got to stop the Voriconizale (antifungal) for now and see if it eases up. Doc doesn't like to see skin changes. Indicates a (negative) reaction. So, it was nice to see Dr. Berman and Coco and Lola and Mona. I was going to stop up to 12th floor to see Mariah, Katrina etc. but ran out of time. Next Monday we'll get up there.
Played a wedding ceremony at a pretty park/lake in Morris County (Kinnelon) Saturday. Enjoyed a party yesterday. Tonight will dig Antiques Roadshow while we wait for the beginning of the playoffs Thursday. (Maybe Monday Night Fball). Picked up the October Better Homes and Gardens which has a feature on my cousin Rick Wogisch (Architectural Landscaper) in his home garden. Also books to send to my students who graduated from high school while I was in the hospital. Finally!.
Still feel good and am enjoying the energy and ability to start playing etc. (Played Trombone Quartets Friday as well). Love. Peace. Keep Healthy. JIMBO

2 comments:

Debra said...

Hi, Jim. Thanks for keeping us up to date. I was thinking about you on Monday.

See you soon, I hope.

Lots of love,
Debra

Randi said...

Hi, Jim. Just checking in and sending love from the Metsch-Ampels!