Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Million Bucks

Wed., Sept. 26, 2007. 1:30 pm. Well friends, I feel like a Million Bucks!! I have energy, goals, a love life,( I love life), a great family, great friends. I can only celebrate what I've been through. It has brought me closer to my own life, if that makes any sense. You know, becoming more in touch. We take so much for granted all the time, that this has been a reality check for me, a way for me to reevaluate everything. (It was a helluvah year!!). The New Years services give me strength, hope, comfort. Seeing my Grandchildren and their parents give me great Nachos (spelling?? I'm not great at Yiddish or Hebrew). The diner gives me food!! Tonights Band rehearsal will give me goals and something to work for. The JJ Blues Band gives us more to work towards, and SwingTown, our 22 piece Big Band. New Jazz Trio is playing in October (thanks Ben and John and Susan for all your help). Then there is health. My artwork, my guitars, trombone, tuba and double bass and electric basses. Then there is all the great music to listen to (Faure, Mahler, Brahms, Albert Collins, Miles etc. etc.), or watch on the DVDs (this week part one of "The Great Conductors and Leonard Cohen). I've had a chance to be with friends. Carol and I visited Elaine over the weekend in Woodstock. Ahhhh Woodstock. Then I went to visit my old bandleader from the Catskills yesterday, Tony Leonard, He's 94 years old and still kickin', although a bit weaker at it. Then there is this place my parents selected to raise us: Maplewood. I'm still here and digging it. We enjoy being and working here (mostly volunteer work anymore). Heard from my Army buddies this week, Jon and Joel, and Jerry. And my High School buddies Tom and Alan this week.
All this, and then there is Carol. What a woman. She takes good care of me. We really have alot to be thankful for. I have alot to be thankful for. Even though she suffers through every pitch of the NY Yankees. She also takes care of Mom's needs; doctors appntmnts, food, pharmacies etc. etc. On and on. She's fine. I celebrate knowing and living with Carol.
Last night I went back to Caldwell, scene of years of work and many fine performances for me. Sadly to the funeral home, wife of a colleague, but also wonderful to see the places, and some people from those 30 years I was active there. Very cool. I heard from Billy Sempier yesterday. He's hanging in, just got back from Europe. Then John C and I hope to go see Helmacy soon. I had lunch with Bob and Doreen last month and checked out their digs. Very cool. Spoke to Pablo by e mail this week as well. Missed the JCHS monthly Pancakes this time around, maybe next time. Got back to Life Long Learners this week. That class makes sure I get into the Library once a week. Keeps the brain ticking.
OK. Gotta go paint. It's getting late. Enough celebration for one day. But I feel like a Million Bucks. Peace. Love. JIMBO

5 comments:

Debra said...

Hi, Jim.

Don't you mean you feel like a million dollar certified check???

It's great to hear you sounding so well.

Love to you, Carol & Millie,
Debra & Elfin

Randi said...

You always do have a contagious zest for life, Jim! So happy to hear all the great news. Lots of love to you, Carol, and Grandma! xxxxoooo, Randi

Barbara said...

Okay, I was just a little concerned about your celebration of nachos, until I read this:

1. nachas

Yiddish for joy or blessings,pride especially from ones children, grandchildren

2. nachas

Mexican Slang for Ass Cheeks. Derived from "nalgas".

So... do we need to talk? LOL!!

Unknown said...

Jim, it was great to see you at Lifelong Learning the other day. I hope that this Monday you can hang out with us so we can all catch up.

Carrie Howson

OtherJC said...

Hey, Mr. BassMan? I wanna be a bass man, too! Ba-ba, Ba-ba-ba-Bah! In Southern California, we have lots of nachos...and tacos...like Kush mir in tacos? Anyway, we ran 12 miles yesterday, gettin' ready for the Honolulu Marathon and raising some of that million bucks:-) Mo & I send love to you & Carol. Party on, Wayne!

Your pal, Jon