Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The latest

Tues. 9/5/07 11:30 am. Just rec'd a phone call from Dr. Berman with a report from Dr. Jarnigan. The MRI is not totally conclusive, and he wants to biopsy the liver. The spot is on the 2nd segment; it could be a remnant of a fungal infection (remember I'm just finishing with a fungal pneumonia, for which I undergo another (it's easy) CT Scan on Monday at 6:30 pm).
or, it could be the second location of a different cancer, not Leukemia. So that is what they have to (hopefully) rule out. So, I've called to try to have the biopsy done this week if possible. I expect a call back today. I'm available Friday so with luck we'll do it then.
Meantime, we are playing with a band of friends tomorrow for the seniors pool party, then Thursday we go with Ronnie to have our good upright basses worked on. I'm seeing 3 or 4 students this week and am trying to get back into my routine. SwingTown rehearsals begin tomorrow night, and tonight, Tuesday, for my 1st time, I join the Contemporary Artists Forum here at 1978, our Maplewood Art Gallery, where I hope to share and get reactions/critiques etc. about what I'm doing with my pastels. I'll go now to Jerrys to get a few more frames to prepare for tonight. Yeah, I'm still busy a bit, but I'm enjoying new areas of interest. The guitars are coming along. I was sharing with Matthew (who by the way is now doing some wonderful pastels) and Debra some tunes in open D tuning on Peters guitar.
And Greg and Rebekah had a wonderful Run on Sunday in Virginia Beach. Kids, and friends all had a wonderful time, Beck and Greg a good run, AND they won a raffle which includes free air tix and hotel to the next run of their choice. They are checking the guidelines for the raffle and if it fits I vote for Hawaii!!! Let's hope so. Great fun. The diner awaits. See you soon. JIMBO

3 comments:

Randi said...

Keep the faith, Jim. We're sending lots of love to you and Carol.....Randi, Glenn, Elana, and Dylan xxxxooooooo

Barbara said...

Jimbo

Hoping for the best possible news -- they find its a bug on the picture! (Just kidding about the bug, but the sentiment is true...)

Have fun at the pool tomorrow,

xo

Barbara

Debra said...

Hang tough, Jim. It was great to see you over the weekend and to hear you play guitar. We had such a nice visit with you, Carol & Millie.

Lots of love always,
Debra & Elfin