Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sat. Followup

Sat. 9/15. 8:09 am. So the procedure was uneventful. Funny, same surgeon who put in my port back in November. He says to expect results next Wed. but I have to call the doctors office anyway for other reasons and I will try to get results earlier. Today is overcast so we may have to move our neighborhood party until tomorrow, we'll see how it goes in the next few hours. I don't have any residual pain or bleeding, all ok. But I'm amazed at how close to my heart he put that needle in me. Man, one little slip, ouch!! The hole is right at the little soft spot in your chest cavity. I would have thought they were going in the side, but Doc explained not for this segment (#2 or the left lobe). Front and center instead. Used a CT scan machine to locate exact positioning, mark the spot with an X, and go to town. I said something to him about my being "chopped liver" etc. Doc liked a little levity. Carol took good care of me as always. Thanks Baby!! So, as soon as I get the results I'll share them with you. Thanks for keeping up . Thanks for your prayers and caring. JIMBO

4 comments:

Randi said...

You are very brave, Jim. Love you, Randi

Barbara said...

"chopped liver" LOL! Jim, keep your wonderful spirit. Thinking of you!
Barbara

Debra said...

And what's wrong with chopped liver???

Lots of love,
Debra & Elfin

Anonymous said...

jim: we're pullin' for you. sending you a snap of a recent painting of kara's for her upcoming "show". (i stole it off her myspace--dont tell.) we'll be following your blog for news. it's beginning to feel like autumn here. franni