Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday Procedure

Fri., 9/14. 7:40 am. On my way soon to MSKCC for the liver biopsy. Last weeks CT Scan showed no change in the liver spot so they need to double check (there was also residual fungal material on my lungs, left over from the pneumonia; so, we'll probably get on a liquid antifungal once today's procedure is done). I still suspect and hope for this to be additional leftover fungal material on the liver, just like the lungs. I'll let you know as soon as I know anything. So, no food or liquids except water since 10 pm last night. Checked the sugar at 7, all ok. Will keep checking that. My appointment is 10 am on the 6th floor for registration. Then vitals etc. checkup, slip into a gown, transport to 2nd floor. Start sedation, lie still, here a poke there a poke, then recovery room for 3 hours or so lying still in one position (naptime) as the anesthesia wears off and they can be sure there is no bleeding etc. I'll write tonight again.
Meantime we had a great time with the kids Wed. and Thursaday. I went to Shul as Carol helped Riv cook for 18 people Wed.eve. Then we stayed at Marriott Pooks Hill. Then Thursday back to hear Gregs service and wonderful sermon. Then back to the house to rest and play. The hospital called Thursday afternoon to give me the schedule for today, so we hit the road for Maplewood at 7 pm. Easy ride home. Glorious as always to be down there. Lots of tears when the Au Pair Jeanette left to go home. Meanwhile the new Au Pair Bonolo was doing math problems with the kids when we left. Soon bath time. Smoothe transition.
OK, gotta go shower up myself. Tomorrow is Block party. I'll have to lay low a bit. Whatever. JIMBO

2 comments:

Debra said...

Hi, Jim.

Elfin & I are thinking of you and Carol and sending all good thoughts.

Love you,
Debra

Matt said...

We are pulling for you with all our might!

Love,

Erica and MAtt