Monday, September 10, 2007

Continuing Saga

Mon., 9/10/07 9:30 pm. Spent 11am-8pm in MSKCC today. All numbers from bloodtest were excellent. WBC's, Platelets, Hemoglobin excellent, so I'm making cells. Hurray for Dr. Berman and her staff. Cancelled todays Bone Marrow aspiration because she offered to me to join a Clinical Study of a Vaccination which is being used on AML patients (and a few other kinds of cancer patients) which will require a few BMAs along the way. This study is on a process to eradicate any left over Leukemia cells which might want to stir up my troubles again. As you know, there is a percentage of patients for whom these nasty little buggers cause reneewed problems. I'm trying to avoid that, so I'm inclined to go along for this study. Carol and I are studying the details and will let you know more soon. Meantime, my CT Scan today dealt with both my lungs and my abdomen area organs (so I drank a quart of that raspberry dessert) and on Wed. they will tell me if the density on my liver (section 2) is smaller. If it is, it indicates fungal situation for which she will give my liquid antifungal and will cancel the biopsy scheduled for Friday. IF on the other hand things look iffy still, or larger, I will have the biopsy Friday. Tune in Thursday to find out how the boy musician handles his next adventures at the (MSKCC) Memorial Sloan Kettering Country Club!!! So, between tests we visited the 12th floor to say hello to some of our dear friends, Katrina, Saga, and Donna. Also walked to a little Pain place (think French bread, not pain management!!) to have an unusual lunch. Then to a NYC library for a bit of culture, then to St. Catherines of Siena, a beautiful neighborhood church for some spiritual uplift. A trip back to MSKCC cafeteria for a bit of light dinner before the CT scan. We had a great weekend with our Grandchildren, and went to Bens 1st baseball game. Fine coaching/education for the kids. We bought Maayan a soccer ball and goal so she can practice her kicks. She's into it!! She started school today. We'll be down to see them for Wed. night and Thursday services Greg conducts. L'Shonah Tovah y'all!! JIMBO

1 comment:

Glenn Metsch-Ampel said...

Hey, Jim,
Just wanted to let you know that even though things have been hectic with school starting for the kids and Randi's new job, we're still checking the blog daily, hanging on every piece of news, and thinking of you always. I thought of you this morning, when my train came into the World Trade Center during the morning memorial, and a beautiful aria played after the 1st moment of silence. For some reason, it made me think of the beautiful piece you played on bass when words failed at your dad's funeral. Amazing how music puts us in touch with the divine. Tonight we'll be praying for tomorrow to be "Good News Wednesday." The kids and Randi send you and Carol all their love, as do I.
XO,
Glenn