Thursday, July 9, 2009

Back home

Thursday, July 9. 6:30 am. I was released Tues. afternoon. I'm weak but ok. On anti biotics of course. So, it's time to sit in the garden, read a book. Take a 1/2 block walk etc. Did DVDs again of fine music. I got out last night to hear SwingTown at the Farmers Market in SO. Then dinner at the Village Diner. Then Yankees baseball. Didn't make it to the end of the game. Passed out early. I'll go listen to some MapleWoodstock on Sat/Sun. Thanks to all for your Facebook notes of encouragement and good health. I made sure I called the kids when I was feeling better, I probably frightened them a bit when I spoke to them earlier in the week. I was pretty messed up. Had 2 interesting encounters last day. As the Docs came in I was wearing my Maplewood Recreation Baseball cap. Head Doc asks "you from Maplewood Mr. B??" Yeah Doc, the Cultural Dude, I responded. He tells me he lives on Durand Road (fine historic homes) and then a Resident speaks up "I grew up on Durand Road, I graduated CHS as well". Then a visitor arrives from Recreation on the 15th floor. She sits to converse and visit. Very nice young woman. As it turns out, her Aunt from California went to school with me from Elementary School through CHS!!! What fun. We've since said hello over Facebook. Too cool. I love meeting/re meeting folks from the past. That's what is so cool about Facebook. I'm hearing from friends/students from 30, 40 , 50 years ago. Too much.
OK, keep healthy everybody. Thanks for your support. Back to the woodshedding on the basses. JIMBO

No comments: