Thursday, June 21, 2007

Medical Update

Thurs. 6/21. 10 am. Saw Dr. Berman yesterday at MSKCC. All bloodwork looks good. Postponed Bone Marrow Biopsy until July 9th, then back in H July 16th for final consolidation Chemo. I'm a little bit Anemic, the Hemoglobin numbers are still in the 10s, not yet in the 12s, but that usually is the slowest to come back as multiple Chemos add up. No transfusion needed. I asked what to expect come the Fall. The Doctor says she continues to monitor me monthly for at least a year. Then we'll see where I stand. That's fine. We got in and out of the H and the city easily yesterday. The Grandchildren stayed with Millie and Randi doing artwork. Last night Carol had a meeting during our Swing Band Concert, so the kids sat next to Millie good as Gold for the outdoor concert. They played a bit with other kids. Spent yesterday afternoon at an amusement park perfect for this age child...Bowcraft. Tomorrow I take the kids home on Amtrak. Ben's a transportation freak and digs all modes of travel. He can't wait. Maayan is interested and going along for the ride; she's more casual about it. Hah! Next week back to the practicing and artwork. I'll still need blood and platelets again soon so please get up to MSKCC and give if you can. Thanks, JIM

1 comment:

Debra said...

Hi, Jim. It all sounds very encouraging. I ate my bran flakes this morning to get my own hemoglobin numbers up in preparation for donation! :)

Have a great train ride.

See you soon,
Debra