Monday, June 4, 2007

Good Weekend

Well we've had a good 1st weekend out of the H. Fri I played Tbone Quartets for an hour. We have another rehearsal and a recital this week.Then Sat. took some time to pickup some art supplies; then to hear a Jazz concert outside at Drew U in Madison. Beautiful Evening. Sun am walked the track 3 times. Then Artists Studio Tour 11-2 (saw 2 Galleries w many artists, plus two home/studios in Maplewood). Fine. Kim called to tell me about those fine articles about Christine Ebersole in yesterdays NY Times. Cool. Spoke to Brother Bruce as well, he recently gave me blood, but now he has a cold. Drag.
After a nice lunch/dinner we went to Maplewood Town Hall to celebrate the refurbished Murals about our towns history. The paintings and Town Hall meeting room are featured in "Gracie", the new Elizabeth Shue movie. Most of it was filmed here, about her life growing up here. Then this morning I substituted for another bass player at a Big Band rehearsal in Paterson. I tell you, that exhausted me. I still need to develop some stamina. With activity etc. I'll get stronger. After all, my body has been through alot recently.
Next weekend the Grandchildren are here and we'll celebrate at the MSKCC Rock"nRun. Peace everybody. Thanks for all your notes and good wishes. We're hanging in. Can't get to see and hear everything yet, we're still recovering, but I'll see you soon. JIMBO

2 comments:

Glenn Metsch-Ampel said...

Hey, Jim,

It was great seeing you and Millie for our (drizzly) b-b-q dinner on Sunay. You looked great. Glad you've had such an interesting couple of days. We know you're not yet back to full stamina, but you're still twice as active as the rest of us! Look forward to seeing you again soon.

XO,
Glenn & Randi

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.