Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Weekend report


Tues. June 12, 2007. 12:22 pm. Rebekah and the kids came Fri. We had dinner with Harvey and Eva at Winchester Gardens. Then Carol cooked, I went over to checkout Jerrys band at Heres 2 the Arts. Kids arrived later. We had a quiet Sat. Maayan gardened w Grandma, Ben zoomed around the house with many buses etc.Boo ran 6 miles/training. Maayan and Beck visited with Ruby and Diane. We walked over to 1978 for Art opening. Sat night Jeanette and Vanessa went with friends. Randi and Glenn and Dylan joined us for dinner. Ben loves Dylan. Early to bed so we were ready for MSKCC Rock and Run Sun am. EZ into the city, parked on the pier. Setup at Pier 46. Very well done. I wore this shirt celebrating our 12th floor nurses. Saw Donna there. 3000 people in all. Carol and I stayed with the kids while Rebekah, Jeanette and Vanessa did the 5 K walk/run. Kids games, woman on stilts, juggler, balloon artists etc. Fun. Brunch. Then we came home early. But 2 of Brad's friends recognized me from the shirt. They figured I was the hat guy who was Brads roomate. Hah!! Fun. Nice people. I made a TV tape "Survivors Statement". After the kids went home and the Yankees won Carol and I went to movies to see Gracie, since it was filmed here in Maplewood. Entertaining. Mon morn pancake house with fellow retired teachers. Then walk in the park. Our backyard is beautiful, we sit out with Mom. Today I have a guitar lesson with Courtney. Carol and I walked the park. Then I snoozed. Moderately gaining in strength and endurance. My body has been through alot so I don't push. We're easing into a normal routine. Thanks for your caring thoughts and prayers. JIMBO

1 comment:

Randi said...

We had a great time with you all and your lovely grands! I'm glad that the walk went well, and that you are gaining your strength slowly but surely. Lots of love, Randi