Friday, November 16, 2007

Cold Lifting

Fri.Nov.16th. 7 pm. We're off to hear Steve and the Newark Elders playing Jazz at the Priory and eat dinner. Most of the cough is gone. Cold as well. Just a touch in the am. The vaccination spot is still angry red and itchy and a hard lump. Oi!! But that was expected and I was warned I might have lumps for quite a while. Not a bother. CB gives me a shot Mon., then to hospital Wed. early for bloodwork, Drs. exam, and 2 other Vaccination shots (3rd round). On Dec 5th for the 4th round I also get a bone marrow biopsy. So, all is proceeding ok. Had a wonderful talk with Bill Sempier in Vermont this week. He's doing great after Chemo, Radiation, Pneumonia etc. Back to lecturing and hopefully soon to sing again. I'm performing again in December. Working up to it. Am playing trombone and tuba again as well as basses. Surfed web re: survivors stories, or as Brad says "conqueror"'s stories. Interesting . Tough. The more I read the more I feel blessed and grateful.
Getting ready for Thanksgiving. Last year I had my 5th day of Chemo on Thanksgiving and the stomach erupted!! Oi vey!!
1st time we missed our tradition at home in over 25 probably 30 years. Back to it this year. We have 25 guests again. Fun. The kids will be up for the weekend to see their cousins. It's a gas!! Pete is sending me pumpkin pie again from the diner.
Did I tell you I got my bass back from Arnold's shop??? Sounds better than ever. At Gage's shop last Fri we saw John Pattitucci and an old bass owned by Jack Lesburg. History all over the place. The Concert Band wailed at the Veteran's Day ceremony Sunday. Good vibes. SwingTown is readying for Holiday parties in December. Also big Jazz fundraiser in February, then a cabaret in March. We'll play the Veterans Hospital again in January. We're keepin' at it. So, gotta go. Love and Peace. Keep healthy. JIMBO

3 comments:

Randi said...

I'm glad to hear that you have gotten rid of most of the nasty cold, Jim. We're all looking forward to Thanksgiving! Lots of love, Randi

Debra said...

I hope all goes well today in NYC. Really looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow at your place. Love to you, Carol & Millie.

Love,
Debra

Avi Fine said...

Hi Jim!

I found your blog through Mary Byrne, a good friend of my mother, Annette. I'm glad you had a great holiday, and that you got over your cold. Sneaky buggers they are.

I'm currently studying for my acupuncture and Chinese herbal national boards. Yeah, its exciting. Still playing music also.

I was actually thinking of coming out to visit, and bring my guitar along, if thats okay :)

All the best to you in your continued recovery!

-Avi