Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sunday Blues

Sunday. 11/4/07 11:30am. Down with a cold/cough. Drag. Wanted to play music this am but can't get out. Didn't sleep well. Went to hospital Fri to get chest xray, blood test etc. I'm ok, but have to wait for this cold to lift. Checking out NYC Marathon on tube. Air etc. is beautiful here. Digging Joni Mitchell w Jaco, Pat, Michael etc. on the DVD now. So, I have to slow down. This makes up for all the gigs I played when I wished I could be out in the air, park, or just home. And so it goes. I'm home wantin' to be out, when I'd sometimes be out wantin' to be hanging out here. The constant balance battle. We talked about all that years ago at Westtown, Caldwell etc. Spoke to Maayani this am. She cheers me up.Monday. 11/5. 5:00 pm. Clocks back. We did go to hear the Ahmad Jamal Quartet and Ramsey Lewis Trio at NJPAC with Bonnie, Bob and Ian. Fun. Reported to Docs today I still have a cold/cough. Now nasal drip is annoying. This cold is taking a while to clear. Staying close to home, resting, drinking and using cough meds. Back into MSKCC on Wed. for Vaccination shot. Enjoying the ball games. JIM

2 comments:

Randi said...

I hope you feel better soon, Jim. We all send our love, as usual! Hugs and kisses, The Metsch-Ampels

Debra said...

Hi, Jim. I hope you're feeling better today & that the visit to MSKCC went well.

Our love to you, Carol & Millie Mildred,
Debra & Elfin