Wednesday, February 14, 2007

One more thing!

Wed. Feb 14th, 8:30 am. I should have added yesterday that when I went to Sam Ash to buy music supplies the young man at the counter said, "Are you Jim Buchanan?? Do you know who I am??". Once I heard his voice I recognized him immediately. "Are you Philip??" Yes, it is my cousin Tom's son Phil. He's a musician, guitar and bass, and goes to school and works full time. Of course he's a man now, and I last saw him as a boy playing baseball. So it was so wonderful to catchup with each other. We hope to play music together. Then I heard from my nephew David today. He's also a young musician studying at Wm. Patterson on trumpet/composition and he also plays a mean guitar and bass. Talented young people in our family. I'm hoping to soon have a Blues/Rock/Jazz jam here at the house for my nephews/cousins. Great fun. I think David C plays guitar too. I'll check that out. In any case, enjoy the snowday. We have scheduled 2 Valentines Day events here for the Senior Citizens, but it is so bad out I suspect we'll have to postpone. Drag. We all look forward to those events. JIMBO

3 comments:

Debra said...

What a treat it was to be at your retirement party. I loved hearing the band and the singers -- and what a turnout! There were probably 100 people there.

Have a great visit with Boo and Family.

We'll see you soon.

Love you,
Debra

Jonathan said...

Hey Mr. B!

Been reading your blog often, and I'm thrilled you're doing well.

Speaking of young musicians, I thought you'd get a kick out of this: I played Fly Fly the Fly last week for my fourth grade daughters' (yes, all three of them) Suzuki violin class. I had to make some of it up - it's been almost 20 years since I last heard Gary Karr do it! Great fun.

Hard to believe you retired - you've touched a lot of lives, including mine.

All best,

Jonathan Zigman

James Buchanan said...

Hi Jon, I'm glad the Ziglets are playing Suzuki violin. When did they start?? Any bass players among them?? Love to Sarah and the kids and your Mom and Dad, bro and sis. Heard from Dave G. and Ralph A. this week. Just put on Bel Canto bass strings. Gas!!
Yeah, this was my 3rd retirement party. 1st from teaching in '97; 2nd from Youth Orchestra in "2004; 3rd from Cultural Affairs job recently. Hah!!
JIMBO