Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Post Retirement Party

Tues., Feb 13th; 4:30 pm. I'm feeling "normal" now. As if I never had a problem. I don't have stamina yet, or endurance, but I do have energy and enthusiasm. Today was my first day on my own going shopping (for Valentines Day presents for my very deserving bride). Feels good. On Sunday friends threw a nice retirement party for me at the Maplewood/DeHart Recreation/Community Center. (Thanks Susan and Ben and all MCM folks) Fun. Lotsa food, lotsa friends. Many relatives. Bruce and his family, and even brother Kim and Jane got here from Tampa. Becky and Greg and the kids. Carols family. Wow!! Then alot of musicians Jammed. I had a chance to sitin on drums, then bass. And then a few speeches, ending with a Proclamation from the Maplewood Township Committee honoring me by naming the Community Room for me. It is now the Jim Buchanan Community Room. Hah!! Isn't that awesome?? I'm overwhelmed. I stayed close to home recovering Monday. Today I got to Barnes and Noble, Macys, and Sam Ash (to spend a gift certificate from my buddies). I was about to go to Michael Breckers Memorial Service now at Town Hall in NYC, but the weather is getting too funky for me to handle walking around NYC. Carol and I have decided it's better for me to stay home tonight. I've been pushing all day. Gotta rest now. I see Michael won a Grammy Sunday night. Best Jazz Solo. He's been an amazing jazz voice, and just as nice a person as you can find on this earth. I miss him very much. I wish we had more time together. We'll be going to Bethesda Thursday night through Sunday evening. We'll be back Mon-Tues. Then Wed. more doctors apptments. Checkup etc. at MSKCC. Until then, Peace, and thanks for your support. The blood and platelet donations are very much appreciated. JIMBO

3 comments:

Randi said...

We had a great time at your party, Jim. Have a great time with the adorable grands....Lots of love, Randi

wilse49 said...

Hey Jimbo!!
This is your old teaching buddy Sherry! Paul sent me your blog link. Glad to hear (or read) that you are doing and feeling well. Even though you haven't heard from me, you havebeen in my prayers and thoughts. If you want, send me your email address and we can catch up. Tom and I are currently in Ft. Meyers, Fl. in our RV.
God Bless,
Sherry

James Buchanan said...

Hey Sherry, great to hear from you and Tom. Is that address aol?? I'll try. If I don't get you I'll check with Pablo. Carol and I hungout on Captiva last winter, loved it. Peter Acquaro is living down there in Ralph and Michelles RV, he works in a State or National Park. So, today we have weather. And you're in Sunny Fla. Very fine. Doin' any fishing?? Best to you guys, and thanks for the note. JIMBO