Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Happy Passover and Happy Easter

Tues. April 3rd, 10 am. Hooray, it's Maayan's 4th birthday!! We had a great time in Bethesda with the kids over the weekend. Yesterday I saw Dr. Berman for the 1st time since the hospital. All numbers are good. No infections. No transfusions. I did feel sluggish yesterday, kept napping, but I think it was recovering from the weekend. Today feels good. So, next apptment is in 2 weeks, when she'll do another Bone Marrow Biopsy, and we'll setup next Chemo. I suspect May 1st or so. I hope not before that because I took 2 gigs for April 28 and 29. Fun.
Friday I played trombone for 40 minutes or so with our trombone quartet. 1st time since October. Feels good. Keeping the lungs, heart and diaphragm working. Reading the best book about Orchestral Musicians lives by Boston bassist Justin Locke: Real Men Don't Rehearse. A great gift to me from Ronnie Naspo. Thanks man. An easy great read. I'm laughing through this irreverent, but honest, book. Hah!!!
My hope is to get the Woodstock water on now so we can enjoy some time up there in the woods. Go fishing. Then we'll spend a few days in Cape May. Got some details around the house to finish up. Glad to hear my students enjoyed Region, All State and other playing opportunies; shows etc. Thanks to everybody for your good wishes, greetings etc. Enjoy the holidays this beautiful Spring. See you soon. JIM

1 comment:

Randi said...

Glad you're feeling more energetic, Jim. Sounds like Ben and Mayaani are doing great. Wish we could see them more, but we love to hear the stories, too. Lots of love, Randi