Sunday, April 29, 2007

Back on Bass!!

Sun., April 29, 9:30 pm.
Well that was a satisfying week of work. Todays performance of Elijah was much better than I expected. Long. 3 hours, but dramatic and musical. Exciting!!! Carol and Mom came to hear it. And last nights Requiems were gorgeous!! Like listening to a French Impressionist painting! Again, the acoustics, the tone quality, the close harmonies. Beautiful work. Great fun for me.
Now I'm tired enough to sleep very well. Tomorrow breakfast at 7:30 with Chris D and Don S. Then to a bass repair shop with Ron N at 9:30. Tomorrow night movies with Budo. Tues.-Thurs. business and relax and more exercise (gotta loose weight and get stronger). Fri-Sun to Bethesda. Mon next week back to the H. Peace. JIMBO

3 comments:

David Guyet said...

I went to a wonderful performance of the Verdi Requiem tonight conducted by the venerable American conductor/composer Daniel Moe. The Florida West Coast Symphony provided the accompaniment...the chorus and the solo singers were fabulous---I will probably not be able to sleep tonight, the performance was so wonderful I can't stop thinking about it...we are so lucky to love music as much as we do....and it is so wonderful to read about how well you are doing...hang tough - love, David

Debra said...

Hi, Jim. Back on bass -- wonderful to hear & I wish I could have had the pleasure of hearing & seeing you play.

See you soon though & have a great week.

Love you,
Debra

Anonymous said...

JIMBO: we're thinking about you, man. Fran, Geoff, Kara