Monday, May 7, 2007

Round 4

Mon. May 7, 2007. 8:05 pm. What a busy day. Early call to the H, had to be here 9 am. Setup in the room by 10:30, then Bloodtests, EKG, wheelchair to X ray, 2 doctors checkups/interviews; later the team showed up to meet me. Then the social worker (always a joy to visit ), the Music therapist (more fun with the guitars), then Ellen, the diabetes nurse. Good talk. Again, like a therapist. CB was with me until 6 pm when Deb came by and CB went home. Spent some time drawing as well. So we're busy here. No roomate yet, but did meet another musician, Peter, guitarist. Carol and I are thinking about Brad. He's downstairs, we want to go see him or throw kisses and hugs, but we probably shouldn't visit yet. Maybe in a few days. I'll try to call him tomorrow. So, as the docs say, boring is good. We're hoping for a boring round here. Had a great visit with Rebekah, Greg and the kids over the weekend. Fun. Beautiful. Azeleas were out in full bloom. NYC is also very beautiful this week. I feel so good its a drag to have to come back into the hospital, but that's the routine. Gotta do it. Bustup those cancer cells. So, I have a few magazines, cds, dvds, art supplies, guitar, diary, and time. We'll make due. SummerMusic and MapleWoodstock plans are on their way. Susan wrote a nice article in Matters. I tried to visit with some folks between Chemos, but there's less time than you think. So I still look forward to seeing many of you in person when I can. We had a great lunch and visit with Susan and Ken last week. 2 weeks ago Steve and Barbara were by to see us. Saw a number of musicians and community friends on the gigs last week. Played tbone 4's on Friday. Went with Ron to checkout basses. Took a guitar lesson with Courtney and went to hear him perform. Gas!! So considering this disease, we're trying to maintain some sanity/regularity. Thanks again for your prayers, blood donations, calls and cards. All are very welcome. Carol is amazing handling all of this. Thanks for supporting her as well. Peace. Love, JIM

2 comments:

Budo said...

Hi JIM: Good to see you are taking it in stride...and I hope you stay bored ..during this H stay.

As you said, today was a beautiful day, so I spent the afternoon at my tennis club in my newly-appointed role as landscape architect. It was very satisfying planning and preparing. Life without gardening is dull.

And music of coarse. Tonight Katherine took me to Carn Hall for my b'day to see/hear Matthias Goerne in a Schuman-Brahms lieder recital. Not my favorite lieder-composers [nobody beats Schubert...or Berkeley], yet he is a fine singer.

Hang in there, see ya Mon...love,Bud

James Buchanan said...

Sounds great Budo. Dig away!! Just got a best of Andreas Scholl cd to dig. Counter tenor madness. Later. Love you. JIMBO