Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday

Sun., May 19, 1:45 pm. Beautiful outside, and today is Mayfest, wish I was there. So last night Platelets transfusion. I had to take Benadryl so naturally I wasn't very good company for Carol. Today I need 2 pints of Blood sometime about 3 pm. Mariah wants to put in a new heplock, but keep the old one for Anti-biotics. I'll be double barrelled!! Roomate just left, he's ok. So, now I can practice guitar aloud w/o bothering anyone. Went up to 15th floor yesterday and today to finish more Pastels and get them sprayed (fixer). Fun. I've now completed more than 75 drawings in the hospital. Some I intend to add figures to. I've been invited to frame some and include them in next Spring's Art Show here at MSKCC. That will be fun. Today there is a wonderful review of Michael Brecker's new album which he completed before last January. Gotta get that. Yesterday heard a recital at 3-4 pm. Piatigorsky's Grandson played his Strad cello, the "Beaudeaut" cello. Amazing to be in the presence of that instrument. He performed Brahms Sonata in E minor; Melody in F (in the key of D) by Rubinstein; and finally the Saint-Saens Cello Concerto. Good program. What luck to have this stuff here. He runs the Piatigorsky Foundation sending Artists to perform throughout the Community. Cool!!!
So I see all these Summer of Love reunions, or events mentioned in the papers and TV. Shit man, we've been keeping the Summer of Love alive in Woodstock for the past 30 years man. And we will this summer. Rockin' and Rollin' on Zena Highwoods Road!! Hah!! Can't wait to get back there and start painting again. I have that Planet Earth TV show on in the background. What footage. That's the best yet. Gotta get a copy of this someday. Beautiful. Hip.
So, if you're in town this week drop up to the 12th floor, we'll chat. You no longer have to wear a mask.
Gotta go,JIMBO

1 comment:

Randi said...

Sounds like you're making the most of your time in MSK, as usual, Jim. Glenn is going to check in with you tomorrow to see if he might be able to stop by sometime this week. Lots of love from all of us, Randi