Friday, May 25, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

Friday, May 25, 1:45 pm. Well, things are still a challenge. The WBCs are up to 1.4 today, but the neutraphils are still at 0. I needed blood yesterday, platelets Wed. and today 1 of each. The trouble is I had a bad reaction to the platelets last time, needing Benadryl and Cortisone. Hopefully we'll go slower today and avoid a reaction. I felt really good after blood yesterday, but the numbers are down again today. Had a nice visit again today from Bahati. Also the volunteer Ms. Ponti who dropped by last week returned, she's a painter and has shared some perspectives on my drawings. We had a nice talk. Last night a balladeer came to the room and sang his own love song. He's good, sounds a bit like one of the Beatles. Carol and I enjoyed the visit. I've been working on Jazz changes on my guitar, Bahati and I sang and played Bluesette today. Little by little. During this time of healing it's great to have some artistic challenges I can muster some energy for. Guitar and pastels seem to be working. I'm getting, naturally , impatient to go home. Each day, and loooong night becomes tougher. But, the Doc's feel I need protection. Yesterday Mariah asked me not to go to the 15th floor, but stay close to the room. She doesn't want me to catch anything. So, it's a challenge, but we'll deal. Carol will be here around 4. Spoke to Maayani today. Sweet. Ben is off to a camp for the weekend. Gotta go. JIMBO

3 comments:

Randi said...

I was hoping that this entry would announce that you are coming home soon. Hang in there, Jim. I'll call you soon. Lots of love from all of us. Randi

Brad Aspel said...

Hey Jim:
Tough it out, my friend. Your counts will come in soon enough. Won't it be nice when you can just look back on this as something done and in the past? I look forward to that moment too! Glad to hear you are entertaining the floor -- so fantastic you have your music and art to keep you rooted in what's real and beautiful in this world. Get out soon :)
Brad

James Buchanan said...

Thanks Brad, the numbers just started climbing, hopefully I'll be able to go home tomorrow afternoon. JIM