Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Day 3

Wed. May ?, 11:48 am. So, last night not a wink of sleep. Probably 'cause of drugs. I was alert all night. I tried ordering some Ambien at 3 am but they don't give it to you after 2 am. So, I ordered some for tonight, but I'll probably collapse tonight. I did enjoy many nice DVDs and music on the iMusic and CDs. Great machine I got here. Thanks Riv and Carol. Met a rock guitar player here, Peter, nice guy, good talks about our diseases and music. Been using the pastels again. Carol has been invited to a caregivers workshop/support group this afternoon at 4 pm with our wonderful Social Worker Donna. Donna is very supportive here. As are all the nurses, Docs etc. I'm well situated here. Saw Bob yesterday, then CB, then the Rabbi, Dr. Berman dropped by as well. Busy day. Got to sit outside up on the 15th floor. Hope to go up there later for pastel stuff. Ordered a massage for later today or tomorrow. That might help me sleep here at MSKCC (MSK Country Club!!). Food is still OK. So guys, I'm doing fine. I'll be a little under after I leave here and the anemia sets in. Next Mon. I come back for a checkup. Last week Becky and Greg told me they are running in the Leukemia/Lymphoma Race next Sept. in Va. GREAT!! Then yesterday I found out about an MSK race/Sunday Brunch in early June. I'll get you the info in my next blog so you can signup if you want. Should be alot fun.
Peace. Love to all. Keep up the good work. Hang by your thumbs. JIMBO

2 comments:

Matt said...

Hi Jim,

I hope you are still feeling OK.
We are thinking of you every day. See you soon.

Love,

Matt & Erica

Debra said...

Hey, Jim. That was a nice visit we had the other day. I'm sorry you couldn't sleep, but hope the massage will help.

Thinking of you. Elfin & I are going to see LoveMusik tonight (the Kurt Weill/Lotte Lenya musical) and will report to you tomorrow when I come up for a visit after work.

Love you,
Debra