Thursday, May 17, 2007

Back in the Chicken Shack

Thurs. 5/17 at 6:20 pm. I'm back on the 12th floor. Carol didn't like the nose after this mornings shower. Doctors agreed once they read the blood culture reports. My neutophils are way down (as supposed to be post Chemo) so, they are protecting me with intravenous anti-biotics. A cocktail of them. The 1st one gave me an allergic reaction and I had to take oral Benadryl. That knocked me out for a sleep. Now things are ok. Carol has a meeting for HNA tonight so I'll keep myself busy with this keyboard and a book. TV too. I already miss playing my basses and guitars. At least I got to the diner 1x before landing back in here, thanks Larry. Also thanks to John and Bud for trips tp the hospital. Last night I conducted SWINGTOWN with a mask on my face; we're having fun with alot of new tunes for the vocalists and the band both. Fun. Enjoy this beautiful spring folks. Our backyard was like a jungle with lots of songbirds. A bit of heaven. Glorious. JIMBO

3 comments:

Randi said...

I hope you come home in a short time, Jim. I'll check in with you by phone tonight. I'm hoping I don't wake you up! Love, Randi

Barbara said...

Jim

Sorry you're "back in", but glad Carol prevailed. Can't take any chances with this stuff.

Lovely breakfast with your lovely wife yesterday.


xo

Barbara

Brad Aspel said...

Hey Jim,
Sorry you're back in. But better to make sure they take care of it until those ANC numbers come up.
Hope you have a good roommate :)
I'm getting better everyday at home - eating and drinking a little more each day and trying to walk even a block if I can. Ridiculous how weak I became after a month in bed.
I go in Tuesday for another doc check-up. If I feel up to it and you're still there, I'll come say a brief hi.
Brad