Monday, May 14, 2007

1st checkup

Mon. May 14, 8pm. Blood test was good. Still have WBCs and Hemoglobin numbers, no transfusions today, maybe tomorrow. Got my neulasta shot to encourage the Bone Marrow to make WBCs, neutrophils etc. Tomorrow apptmnt with another Doc.
I Feel good. The anti -biotics play havoc with your digestive system a bit so that's a bit uncomfortable. But, really, it's nothing compared to the disease which right now feels more and more in remission. I hope and pray. The eyes are still a little uncomfortable from the Chemo but that will go away soon. Just keep tears around. Gotta go. Love to all. Thanks for your support. JIM

4 comments:

Glenn Metsch-Ampel said...

Hey, Jim,
Thrilled to hear yesterday's news was good. We missed you and Carol on Sunday - it's never the same without you. Other than Dylan, no one touched the guitars! I've been working on that basic 12-bar blues that you like to play lead over, for next time we get together. All the Metsch-Ampels miss and think of you always. Keep eating the bear, big Jim...
xo,
Glenn

Debra said...

Hi, Jim.

Glad things are going well. We missed you & Carol on Mother's Day. Dylan sounded great on the guitar.

Keep lying low for a while to let the healing continue.

Love,
Debra

Brad Aspel said...

Hey Jimbo:
Sounds like you are doing great! Glad to hear it was another smooth consolidation though sounds like this roommate wasn't as good as me, hehe.
And I love the term Chemo Sabbes.
Cracked me up!
Thanks for staying so up on my blog. And special thanks for coming to visit me on the eighth floor when I was in solitary confinement!
The surprising news is they released me yesterday so I am home now. Doing actually much better at home, still learning to eat and drink again...slowly.
Peace and continued healing my friend,
Brad

James Buchanan said...

Brad, What wonderful news. I saw Dr. Berman today and she said you are looking wonderful. She readmitted me for nose issues again. I'm in 1220 B. Hah!! Keep it up brother. Will see you again when it's safe all around. JIMBO