Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Spring is Here

Tues. April 24, 2007. 4:50 pm. Enjoying this lovely weather in Maplewood. Spent Fri-Mon at Cape May, Bacchus Inn. Loved biking among the Victorian homes along with the horse and buggies. Decent restaurants and beautiful beaches. Got to bird sanctuary, zoo, beaches etc. Porch sitting is the best. Feel rested. Last night 1st time back behind the upright bass since October. Took 2 gigs w/ 4 rehearsals this week, so it's fun to play. Durufle and Faure Requiems and Mendelsohn's Elijah. Next week back to blues and jazz!! New Chemo date is May 7th-13th. So, I expect to spend most of May around town here. Then in June we'll try Woodstock and beyond. Listening to Faure now; In Paradisium sounds like I'm in heaven. What beauty. We are so fortunate to have this magical mystery tour known as music to inspire us, enchant us, torture us, and drench our souls.
Last week I blewup the hospital pastels I did in March. Now 20x30 on 30x 40 board. Fun. I gotta work bigger. Keep practicing everybody. The birds are vocalizing here by the hour. Peace. JIMBO

2 comments:

Matt said...

Hi Jim,

I arrived at work today in a VERY bad mood and checked your blog, as usual. Thanks for the reminder that there is beauty around if we can appreciate it! Of course, I do not recognize any of the musical works you mention but I feel better anyway.

See you soon.

Love,

Matt

Debra said...

Hi, Jim. I got to enjoy the variety of birds and birdsong in your yard while you and Carol were in Cape May. So beautiful. And to see the blow-ups of the pastels. They're great!

Glad to hear you're enjoying your gigs.

See you soon.

Love you,
Debra