Thursday, August 9, 2007

Another try


Thurs. August 9, 2007; 9:40 am. I've tried to post 2 additional posts here which don't appear on my computer, so I assume they were lost. In any case, I'm entering my 3rd week here dealing with Fungal Pneumonia. My cough isn't too bad, so I wish I could be released, but the doctors want to do another (3rd) CT Scan on Tuesday before they release me. My numbers are happening, I have White Blood Cells now with Neutrophils, and RBCs and platelets, so it looks like my body is recovering nicely from the Chemo. I hope to be in Remission once they do the next Bone Marrow Aspiration or Biopsy. Meantime I have anti fungals (oral and intravenous) trying to curb the pneumonia. Its frustrating because I feel so good. But, rather safe than sorry. So, I'll have to wait it out. Will unfortunately miss a wedding and an army band reunion this weekend. I miss playing bass. Got a guitar here to keep up the chops and felt well enough yesterday to draw and paint. 1st time in a week or more. Maybe more today. Went up to hear a pianist playing delightful old gems yesterday. Carol and Debra joined me. Maybe I'll go up there to paint today. In any case am working from my hospital phone here to keep a few things happening in Maplewood. We have a stage donated by Sony/BMG but now we have to store it. Gotta find room. Susan has the bands playing at the pool. Fun gigs. I have dreams of gigs I want to do in the Fall. Can't wait. It's been a challenging 10 months, especially for Carol and Rebekah, but it's also been incredibly rewarding hearing the stories of disease and healing; meeting the on line medical staff fighting disease. It's an incredible system if you have the correcyt medical insurance. I've seen the best in the world here. So I learn alot. I'm inspired by these people and this system. I see alot of really sick people, much sicker than me. But people with hope and strength. Its amazing. I celebrate my surroundings. But can't wait to get back home, into Carols arms, back up to Woodstock, back to the NJ Shore and beyond. Here is a pix of my 2 most caring nurses. You've read about them in my blog. Katrina and Mariah. The greatest. Peace. Thanks for the blood donations and platelets. Love, JIMBO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jim! I hadn't checked your blog in a while so I was sad to see that you're back in the hospital. Glad, of course, to hear that things are going well and you'll be leaving soon.

I love that picture! Hey, tell your favorite nurses that we'll hire them at Overlook and Morristown!

Get all the way well and out of there fast.

Thinking of you.

Jeff and Deborah

Randi said...

Hi, Jim. We're back in New Jersey now, so it will be easier to check your blog, talk to you, and see you. Dylan has a nasty cough, so once we are all healthy, we will come to see you. Love you lots, Randi