Saturday, August 4, 2007

Fevers No More

Yeah well the fevers slowed me down a few days, and the coughing/breathing thing with the pneumonia slowed me down a bit, but as of Friday morning we rallied and got most of that under control. The numbers have hit bottom and now are climbing. I haven't had a transfusion in 2 days (1 day I had 3).and I felt really good when Rebekah arrived to visit. She looks so great. And then Martha and RJ joined us for a good visit. When Carol came by we had a full room. Fun. We left the room for a while to allow privacy to my roomate as he had some issues to deal with hospital staff. We walk the halls here for exercise, I think 12 times around is a mile or something. Some people are out there pushing their poles building up the miles and their heart and lungs at the same time. I'm hoping I get out of here in time to dance at Kim and Skips wedding next week. We'll see how the lungs are on Tuesday when Dr. Berman intends to do the followup CT scan on the lungs.Robitussin wCodeine has kept them calm enough for me to get some sleep. So with the laptop I get to hear or see many DVDs/CDs which I haven't seen before. I usually don't slow down enough to sit and dig videos, so this is a decent new experience.I do miss practicing my basses. My brass chops will need rebuilding after this stay. BUT...come the fall I'm assuming the energy and strength will be there for some brass quintet playing again. I want to get my tuba reconditioned or replaced. I really dig that instrument. Have a good weekend everybody. Carol is bringing her Mom to see me today because the 2 of them are heading to Belmar to a family gathering at which new twins are being introduced. The twins names are "Millie and Lou", which by coincidence is the same as Carols parents. Fun.
Gotta go. Thanks. Peace. JIMBO

1 comment:

Glenn Metsch-Ampel said...

We're keeping an eye on you from here, Jim, through Deb & Carol. You are amazing.... We can relax more now that you are doing so much better.
Keep up the good work!
Love you,
Randi

Hey, Jim,
So glad to hear you're starting to feel better, are in good spirits (as usual!) and attracting your usual fun crowd to pass the time with at MSKCC. You're eating the bear, again - amazing! We never stop thinking about you and Carol and look forward to seeing you as soon as we're back in NJ. The kid's send all their love. Lana turns 17 tomorrow!
XO,
Glenn