Monday, August 13, 2007

Mon., Mon. II

Mon Aug. 13 at 5:30 pm. I'm home. I got the word around 10 am from Dr. Berman that my CT Scan showed enough improvement to release me on Oral Meds. I go back for a blood test Thurs. and a Bone Marrow test in a few weeks but essentially I've completed now 10 months of 5 Chemos plus several other hospitalizations. Hopefully I'll be in remission for a long time. I'm finally digging music on my sound system, tuning my basses and guitars, going now with Carol to hear my buddies play Jazz live up at the Farmers Market. Its a beautiful night here. Yesterday was so fine with Rebekah and Matt visiting me. I keep falling asleep by 8 pm, then waking up at 4 etc. I gotta work on that. Hah!! So I'm home, for a quiet week. See you soon. Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, blood and platelets. See ya. JIMBO

4 comments:

Randi said...

We're soooooo glad you are home, Jim! Lots of love, Randi, Glenn, Elana, and Dylan xxxxoooo

Barbara said...

Jim

So glad you're home. The music sounded better tonight...just 'cause you were there!

xo

Barbara HW

Debra said...

Hi, Jim.

So glad you're home.

See you soon.

Elfin & I send our love,
Debra

Brad Aspel said...

Hey Jim:
So glad to hear you are home. It's a good place to be.
Congrats on finishing your last treatment. I know you will stay in remission for a very very long time - in fact we both will!
Great seeing you on the 12th floor, but better hearing you are home. I got transferred to the 8th floor at midnight and didn't get a chance to wish you well.
Sounds like you are already taking advantage of your music and your family. Fantastic.
Best,
Brad