Tuesday, August 7, 2007

CT Scan


Here I had both Mariah and Katrina on the floor on the same day. Lucky me, I'm well cared for. Stiil no fevers; 2nd CT Scan looks about the same as 1st; today Dr. Berman changed my intravenous antis to oral medications which means she says: "getting you on the launching pad". So, I hope I'm released sooner rather than later. I felt well enough to take out the drawing pad today for the first time in a week. I took an Ambien to sleep last night and that worked. I haven't even asked for Robitussen today, so I'm doing better. I'm starting of dreaming of picking up my bas and playing some tunes. I also listened (and conducted along) to Sibelius Symphony #2 today, So that was great. Many memories of rehearsing it and performing it in 1968 down at NJ Arts Center (now PNC Bank). It was the Arts Centers first season. We had hadheavy rain days before, the dressing rooms were muddy. But the sound in the amphitheater was a gas. I loved working there, better sound than Waterloo, which we played 10 weeks that year. When you are a Cancer patient in the hospital for weeks at a time you get to review alot of your life. I try to focus on the hip positive things we did, like symphony concerts, choral concerts (so many I can't remember them all), fun club dates, occasional Blues dates, tours with the orchestras. Alot of fun. Well enough from Mr. Nostalgia. I gotta go. Hope to see you all in person soon. Love and thanks . JIMBO

2 comments:

Matt said...

And the great Woodstock parties!

We're so glad to hear you are making good progress. Hope to see you in Maplewood soon.

Love,

Matt and Erica

Barbara said...

Jim

Saw Pete and Fifi today. They said there's been a dramatic decrease in their income and wondered where you'd been. :) They send their love, as do we.

Barbara HW