Wednesday, August 1, 2007

August

Wed., August 1, 2007. 9:30. I always love August 1st because it is usually our target date for getting to Woodstock. But...this year we have another journey to MSK Country Club!!! No golf here, just field trips to X ray or CT Scan. So, this morning I was told the source of my fevers is probably a pneumonia for which they started giving me anti-fungals in my cocktail mix a couple of days ago. Dr. Heaney warns me that this may take longer to heal than just the counts coming back, so...I may here into next week now.I have not heard yet about the last 2 blood cultures tests, but Katrina expects they will do another today. So at this point I feel better than yesterday, still some discomfort from mouth sores (I swash a couple of times a day, this is annoying but very typical after Chemo). Deb was here and brought me the new Woody Allen book. Fun. Carol and Deb and I were having some good laughs last night joking around. We watched Celebrity Jeopardy and then News Hour and then the Yankees. Almost every teamate hit a homerun last night except the one people are paying to see hit one, A Rod. George Steinbrenner just keeps making money. Hah! There are days when that team plays a high level game, when they play like kids, laughing, joking etc. Then there are other days they seem so tight, one wonders how they can vascillate so. The season has been a roller coaster ride.
My cousin Margo is coming to see me today, then Carol should be in later. Brother Bruce is trying to get some time up here this week as well. So, I better go freshen up. Andrea just remade the bed, and both Katrina and Mariah are here today. I'm being well cared for. Dr. Berman is on for the weekend, so thats great for me. She takes great care also. I have trouble talking on the phone right now due to the sores, so hold off on the phone calls for a few days. Thanks. JIMBO

3 comments:

Matt said...

Hi Jim,

Very glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Keep up the good work!

You are in our thoughts and prayers every day. See you soon.

Love,

Matt & Erica

Debra said...

Hi, Jim. It was good to see you yesterday. You looked good even though I know you were feeling uncomfortable. I'm glad that you're feeling a little better today. That was some homerun parade! For once, I wasn't worried about the bullpen losing the game.

See you soon!

Love from Elfin & me,
Debra

Glenn Metsch-Ampel said...

Hi Jim. We're following your progress through Carol and Debbie several times each day. I am sure that by now you must be feeling all of the prayers and healing energy we are sending your way each minute. I am glad to hear you sounding positive, as always, and I am looking forward to hearing details on your improvement later on today. Glenn, Elana, Dylan, and I all send lots of love to you and Carol. XXXXOOOO, Randi