Friday, August 24, 2007

Mariah wishes me well as I leave MSKCC!!


Fri., 8/24/07; 7:30 pm. Sorry I haven't written in a while. I'm ok.That's my nurse Mariah wishing me a goodbye as I leave MSKCC after my (hopefully) final Chemo. While I was last in the hospital our home was hit with a thunderstorm which effected our internet service. It took a while to straighten it out (thanks to Bob K). So, I'm back on the track. Since coming home the first week took a long while to gain balance, some strength, and energy. I was able to go to Bruces birthday party last Wednesday, but had to cancel a trip to the Poconos (we went today instead). Then Friday felt good, Saturday not so good, but got to a nice party that afternoon at Shirleys house.Sat. Night my student Marc and his parents came by for a nice visit. Felt better Sunday had Brunch with Kappy and Carol, and had dinner with the Straus family, played guitar etc. (Last Thursday back to MSKCC for a bloodtest and sonogram. Liver OK, they want to review my Gall Bladder, so that review comes up next Tuesday. Numbers OK, no transfusions.) Then Monday to Paterson to play upright and Fender with a Big Band. In the afternoon Austin and Suzy came by and Austin showed me what he is studying on bass with Joe B., then we played duets, both upright and electric. Tues-Thurs. we went to Bethesda to visit the Grands: Keyboard lessons, National Acquarium at Baltimore Inner Harbor with Porpoise Show and Pedal Boats. Swimming lessons at YMCA and nice dinner with cousin Adam and Hadar. Jeanette, Rebekah and Gregs Au Pair is wonderful. Enjoyed being with the kids, reading, thinking, learning. Today we visited Betty and Wayne in the Poconos with Kappy. All of Carols Bedminster buddies have been so very supportive of me through this process. My next Bone Marrow Biopsy or Aspiration is on Sept. 10th. Meantime Sunday I go to see Jerry and Dawn to see photos of both the missed China trip and the missed Army Band Party. Can't wait to swim in the lake.
So, as I gain strength I am trying to catchup with friends and relatives, little by little. Come Labor Day I hope to be able to begin rehearsing in Bands, Orchestras, Brass Quintets etc. again. We'll see. Meantime we're deveoping strategies for showing the art work and continuing to draw/paint. Peace. Thanks for you prayers, blood, platelets and cards. Hope to see you soon. I'm trying to answer the phone calls etc asap. JIMBO

2 comments:

Randi said...

Great seeing you on Saturday, Jim! Hope to see you again very soon. Lots of love, Randi

Debra said...

Hi, Jim. It was good to see you on Saturday and to hear you playing the guitar. What a beautiful picture of Mariah!

See you soon.

Love you,
Debra