Monday, July 30, 2007

Fevers

Monday, July 30th, 6 pm. Over the weekend they moved me to a new room because they needed a room for females, so moved me in with another guy. Then a fever developed, not too high, but a fever causes alot of investigation and careful monitoring. Up the anti virals, anti biotics and a chest x ray. Blood cultures also. We'll see. Had 2 blood transfusions and 1 platelet transfusion yesterday. My neutrophils are at 0.0 so the Chemo did it's job. I figure, barring trouble, I'll be here until next Sat or Sun. Greg and Riv start a vacation to Cal. on Sunday. Nice. I gave a painting to one of the staff, Flavio, who dug a little still life I did upstairs. He digs Latin Jazz. Did 2 more paintings today. when my strength returns I'll get into pastels again. I had to cancel visitors today because of the fevers; maybe tomorrow will be ok. Later. JIM

2 comments:

Glenn Metsch-Ampel said...

Hey, Jim,
We're in Wellfleet, thinking of you and watching your blog as always. We hope that fever departs swiftly and is just a blip in your progress toward heading home. Please keep us posted. We're in the same cabin as last year, still hoping you and Carol will be able to join us again. We'd love to have you back out on the deck with your traveling easel sketching the marsh. Dylan saw a family of egrets nesting there. We're keeping you and Carol in our thoughts, send you both all of our love, and look forward to the next time we can hang out together.
xo,
Glenn, Randi, Lana & D

James Buchanan said...

Thanks Glenn, You know we want to get there, JIM