Monday, July 23, 2007

Home, Sweet Home


Mon., July 23rd, 7:30 pm. Got home Saturday around 6 pm. Finished last Chemo Sat at Noon, then needed to do some Renegel for Phosphorous therapy before I could be released. Nights are sluggish, but doing ok. Yesterday got to the field to hear SwingTown at JazzFest, they sounded great. Beautiful night for all the guys to sing and play. Today slogged to NYC in the rain to see the doctors and get a shot. All ok; now the goal is to stay healthy enough during the sinking immune system numbers to stay out of the hospital. Wed. back for evaluation. So it feels wonderful to reach this plateau, finishing the final scheduled Chemo. After 2-3 weeks or so I'll be able to get out, up to Woodstock, Cape Cod etc. Feel like I gotta makeup for lost time a bit. Meantime the therapy time has allowed me some quiet art/music time. Did alot in hospital and shared with the art therapist. Am developing strategies for the drawings. I'll keep you posted. I may need some blood and platelets this week. JIMBO

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was thinking about your idea of listening to a bunch of Mahler 2s sometime. Looking over my shelf I'm shocked to learn I only have three: Walter/Columbia (on vinyl), Bernstein/London (on vinyl), and Abbado/Vienna on CD.

Far too few considering I have five each of the third, fifth and the ninth (we'll keep you off of the ninth until you feel better).

How's your weekend look?

Brad Aspel said...

Jimbo:
Sounds like you are doing great. Congrats on finishing your last treatment - that must feel great. Yes, stay healthy!
Things here are good. Sad to report we lost James (not sure you saw it on my post.) Really sucks.
But we are strong, my friend ;)
I love how you have really taken advantage of this time to dig deeper and wider into your art -- very inspirational.
All the best, my friend,
Brad