Thursday, July 26, 2007

Back Again!!

Thurs. 7/26; 3:30 am. I'm back in MSKCC with cellulitis again for about 10 days or until my numbers come back again. Neutropenic at this point so I'm on intravenous anti=biotics, Again my Achilles heel, my nose, Same room, 1222, different bed. Hah!! Saw Katrina, shes good, be back Sat. She said Mariah is around too. So, I got my team back for my final round round here. Carol brought me in Wed am for the routine inspection/oil change etc. and the hood ornament was a sparkling again. (Somebody called me Rudolph, I think a young Doctor). My eyes are burning a bit so I've requested drops again. Other than being depressed about having to return during this lovely week I'm ok. Carol was pointing out that getting the many needed transfusions etc. these next 2 weeks will be easier from the hospital anyway. Good point. The alternate system through the adult hospital (outpatient) is frequently annoying and time wasting as Rich and John and Carol can attest to. Here I'm ready (with a good port put in by Coco) for whatever is needed. I'm resting alot. I had a reaction called "Redhead" to the antibiotic so then they give me Benadryl and I'm in Lala land, sleeping away. I can't tell you how many times Carol has come to visit me not 20 minutes after Benadryl and I'm a zombie, certainly not good company. But Carol takes good care of me. Food, crossword puzzles to keep my mind busy etc. Yesterday they needed rooms so they put me on a gurney in the hallway for about 2 hours. We were laughing because I felt I was in SCRUBS. I saw Zach Braff on TV the night before in a hysterical Scrubs scene. Ah, another Columbia High genius!! Between him and David Javerbaum that must have been a funny couple of years at CHS. And I knew Kenny Shapiro was a riot in my class. Hah!! So I expect to get out just in time for Kimmys wedding, the Army Band reunion, and a trip to Betty and Waynes in August, then later up to Woodstock finally. We'll see about the Cape, that's touch and go now. Meantime I got my artwork and my guitar coming in tomorrow so I'll try to make due. I'll try some more sleep now. Love to all. Thanks for your help.Thanks Brad for your note. Keep well, see you soon. JIMBO

3 comments:

Debra said...

Hi,Jim. I'm sorry you had to go back in for the red nose. You're right your nose is your Achilles heel. :)

I'll stop by tomorrow & will bring the cd-rom from the Barnes Foundation so you can play a slide show of beautiful art on your laptop.

Lots of love,
Debra

Randi said...

Hi, Jim. I'm so sorry that you needed to go back into the hospital yesterday. Let's hope that this is the last time for a good, long while. I know that you may not be able to come to Cape Cod to be with us, but if you find that you can, please do!! We'll be thinking of you and you can reach us by cell phone. We all love you soooo much, Randi, Glenn, Elana, and Dylan xxxxoooo

Barbara said...

Jim

It was the shirts! The folks on 12 needed to see you one more time -- see, when you make such an impact on people, they want to keep you coming back for more!

Healthy, healing, joyful thoughts your way,

Barbara HW