Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Being alone

Tues. noon. I guess a real advantage to being isolated etc. is an opportunity to lay back and pickup on some things I never took time for. Right now I'm digging a DVD of Dave Matthews Band; earlier today dug Norah Jones and her Very Handsome Band live in NO. Energy in opposite directions but wonderful playing in each case. I love to hear how the bassists and guitarists approach the different lines. It inspires me to pickup an instrument and try something out. Have to checkout a bunch of wonderful Jazz sax stuff Steve layed on me. Gas!! Bob took them and dug them while I was in the hospital. He gave a great review. As soon as I'm able I hope to get back playing some. Right now the body can't sustain 10 minutes worth of groovin'. But, in time that will come back. Couple of days. Meantime we're digging what all these wonderful players in the world have to say. Checkout todays Times reviews etc. Some days the page can be so compelling. Lots a good stuff happening in town. Dance. Chamber Music, piano recitals. Can't wait to get back to it all. Same here in Maplewood, lotsa friends playing around. Next week I'll try to catchup. Peace everybody. Take it easy. JIMBO

2 comments:

Debra said...

Hi, Jim. I'm so glad you keep your blog so we can stay up to date on what's happening, especially when you have to be more isolated.

Keep healing & laying low until you can get back in the swing of things.

Lots of love,
Debra & Elfin

Unknown said...

Hang in there. Let me know when you're up for visitors (at least if my cold goes away).