Monday, January 15, 2007

Mon. Jan. 15, 2007. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.

SING ON IN HEAVEN CHEMO-SABBE.
Thanks Michael . You were so kind and gentle and encouraging. We all love you and your music.
JIMBO "The Sloan Rangers"

And so that love note sits on my wall here next to Michael Brecker's Obituary. He's left us a great Legacy in music, and in caring about this disease, encouraging all to sign up to be a blood marrow donor. Get on the International list. You can find out more details on his website. He was so kind to me in the hospital and over e mail. And always with a bright sense of humor. I'm sad we didn't have more time together here, but the short time remains precious in my heart.

Riv is coming up from DC on the train. CB from home. I expect to be released early. The Chemo finishes at 10 am. What with inspections, instructions etc. I suspect I'll be on the way between 2 and 3 pm. It's been busy here, they seem to need the rooms. Past 2 nights have been brutal for sleep as 2 older gentlemen in very sick conditions come in for emergency treatment at 2:30 am as I'm asleep in the same room. I can manage, no big deal, but it's a very difficult scene for the private and hospital nurses communicating, helping and aiding such disabled patients. But, thank God we have this hospital here to help. What a place.
One of my finest nurses, Mariah, a blond beauty who Carol and I respect very much, told us that she joined the Guard after 9/11, and she's been to Iraq for 14 months, as a Captain, and is expecting to be redeployed in Summer. She, like so many here, seem to dedicate their lives to trying to make the world a better place, and to help people in need. Amazing.
Breakfast is here. Gotta go. Peace and Love. JIMBO

No comments: