Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Carols Birthday

Wed. 9:15, watching Mozart on PBS, Magic Flute. Lou and Claudias son Bennett is in the production. Carol had a rather difficult birthday. She's decided to move her birthday back a week (to next Wed) in hopes we'll have a better day. We had to be at the hospital at 8:25 am. A real schlep!! So after exam Doc ordered a blood transfusion, but this takes time. After getting poked and slapped (to find a vein) a number of times we got started, but it hurt, so we had to slow it down. Took almost 2 hours. Got home and fell asleep around 3:30. I was hoping for no transfusions and then go to lunch with my bride for her Bday. No luck. Just exhaustion. So sleep, then Steve came by to p/u the tuba for tonight's rehearsal, so we checked out some New Orleans music. More sleep. dinner, TV. That's it for today. Next apptmt. Fri at 9 am and Monday at around noon. Oi!! Hopefully I will soon be immune enough to host visits and get up to the diner for breakfast. Have several parties, gigs to go listen to soon. I hate to miss all this wonderful music in town. Holli and String of Pearls sat. Bill and Devin also. Oh well, as soon as I can I'll get out. Bernie was released from the hospital and is home doing well. Azswan got home today also for a break. It seems his schedule for Chemo is about the same as mine, but he's 6 years old!! More over the weekend. Thanks for the blood and platelets. I keep using them. JIM

2 comments:

Matt said...

Hi Jim,

Slogging through the tough times - better times to come.

All our love to you and Carol

Matt and Erica

David Guyet said...

Jim, I saw the Magic Flute braodcast the other day...I thought it was really wonderful...made me think of the good times we had doing shows with our wonderful students in school. Hang tough, and thanks for the Blog...it's good to hear how you are doing. and a belated Happy B'day to Carol. David