Tuesday, November 21, 2006



So it's 2:45 am. Been flushing myself out of Chemo. Urinating into bottles which are measured. 1/2 hour ago I got up to go in the dark and lost my balance, falling backwards straining my port. Frightened, but not hurt. Moshe called the nurses. ,Doc. I may have torn 1 stitch Call for a temporary into my right hand to keep the Chemo going, turn off the fluids. They are loading me up on a gurney or wheelchair for a trip down to x ray this port to be sure it's ok.Doc was practical, "Mr. B, please turn on the light when you get up at night." They just put a RED wristband on me."This tells us you fell once, so we watch you". They watch all of us anyway. I'm branded now. Not so bad. Hey Jon, I'm RED. Can I go on the next RED tour with you and Bono??
(That's Jen, called to put in the temporary to keep the Chemo going.).
I had a busy day. Dealing with high sugar,insulin. Good food, gaining weight. Edema set in, Debra visited and comforted. Brian came up to see me, and Travis too, what joy. But I was told officially I'm now in a very vulnerable state with no defense, no immune system, just antibiotics pumping in. So, any colds, sniffles, coughs, anywhere in your family, don't come to see me.
The edema was starting, but Katrina told me to put pillows under my legs. Debra stuffed 3 under me. It worked. I'm much relieved. I rested good until the mishap. Feel fine. They pump me with anti nausea meds before the introduction of Chemo and I've had no problems eating, shitting etc. Lucky me. Well I'll stop here waiting for gurney, and get my legs back up.

No comments: