Wednesday, November 29, 2006


Its Thurs am,1:15. My counts are all so low I keep getting transfusions, 2 more platelets, and 2 more blood. Was too busy today dealing with the blood stuff and sugar stuff. It's getting sorted. My cousin Peggy paid me a visit around 1:30, she lives down the street, and brought to me a beautiful healing shawl. When Peggy was dealing with some health issues her sister Barbara was creating hand knitted healing blankets/shawls with a church group. She's healed. Today she gave to me her healing blanket, I huggged her tightly and felt the power again of our family. I love my cousins, Barbara, Pam, and Peggy are all from Dads side. Bless them,
So tonight my nurse was very concerned about my constant heaving to get word out. She hooked my up with Oxygen, Wahlah, comfort, I'm more relaxed. Probably should have done this weeks ago!!
Listening to new Ray Charles/Count Basie gift from Susan, gas!! Carol came back in to support me tonight after work. Great to have her support. We watched that amazing JT show on 13; then Renee Fleming and Trevor Pinnock from Mainz,,,,,Such beauty in music. Well I'm still only just beginning to eat somme, I love the Consomme with a touch of Peppr. It takes me a 1/2 hour or more to eat a bananna!!! I ain't goin anywhere. After 64 years of running my ass in the ground excited about too much, I 'll now take the time to heal. I'm pooped!!I'm gonna watch the Aruba video, Carol and my 40th Anniv. trip. The honeymoon we never took!!! PEACE. Carols asleep next to me. JIMBO

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Jim,
I was watching the JT show last night and thinking about you. I got on this a.m. figuring I would suggest someone record it for you, but you were (and are) THERE. I'm so glad.
Peace and Love, Man!
Carrie Howson

Debra said...

Good morning, Jim. I was watching the Renee Fleming with you, too. Keep resting and healing.

We love you,
Debra & Elfin

Randi said...

Hi, Jim. Grandma Millie and I are at your computer reading your blog, and as Grandma says, "keeping an eye on you and your fighting spirit. Keep up the good work." Lots of love to you and Carol from us,

Randi & Millie

Glenn Metsch-Ampel said...

Hey, Jim, It's such a relief to have you blogging again - your strength, spirit and dignity come through loud and clear! Hang in there, our dear man, we're all rooting for you. Not a moment goes by when you're not wrapped in the healing love of your family and friends, so rest and be well. (By the way, despite your travails, you still manage to look like a hipster shaman in that healing shawl!) Much love, Glenn

ermatt said...

Dear Jim:

Keep fighting. We are confident you will feel stronger soon. How could anyone go wrong with the support of such a fantastic family.

Love,
Matthew and Erica

A & P said...

When you get to check your AOL mail, you will find a picture of us sending greetings.

We were going to invite you and Carol to join us canoeing in the Adirondaks next summer when you suddenly entered Sloan. Maybe you'll be up to it by then. Consider it a second honeymoon. It was ours...

Al & Paula

Anonymous said...

jim: thank you for sharing your healing-blanket story, and for inviting the healing into YOU. love ya, fran

Elana said...

Hi Uncle Jim,

It's me, Lani, it took me forever to figure out how to access this blog and then even longer to learn how to use it but I'm so glad I did because reading all of your posts makes me feel so close to you. I came to MSK with my family but I had a bad cold so I couldn't come in - but I was trying to radiate my love and wishes through the walls to you ! Even though all of your food there sounds really incredible (I read a couple posts saying something about filet ?) I still cannot waitttt to make you our Mexican Cape Cod combination again:) I LOVE YOU UNCLE JIM , you sound incredible and like you're fighting so hard - all my love all the time, lani

Debra said...

Good Morning, Jim.

Just sending you my daily greeting. I'm sending you lots of love and support and faith.

Love from Elfin & me,
Debra

Vern Miller said...

Hey Jim,

This is the first time I ever communicated with someone via blog. Very cool.

My prayers are with you for a full and speedy recovery.

Best regards to your family. Does Becky still play the oboe. I can still see her in the MMS band room playin' away.

Peace,
vm

David Guyet said...

Jim, I was sad to learn from AL and Janet that you are in SKMCC, but relieved to be able to see your blog and to track your progress. You are in the best place in the world for treatment, and you will get well. Needless to say, my best wishes are streaming to you and Carol in this message and continuously in my thoughts. When you are back on your feet, you and Carol need to get down here for a boat ride. I took Al and Janet out to lunch on the boat when they were here, and, after we left the restaurant on Longboat Key, I embarrassed myself by running the boat into a sandbar. We managed to get the boat off the sandbar. Now that I know where it is, I promise not to do that again when you and Carol and I take our boat ride when you are better. Get well soon! Love to you both. David

chicago kid said...

HEY JIM!!!!
Thinking about you daily! Drive by the parkwood and miss seeing you in the window. When you bust out of that joint a big breakfast is on me! All love from aimee and mom and lots from me.
Love ya
ALEX