Tuesday, November 21, 2006

These quotes from some e mails to Fran in Cal.

So far it's been a relaxing bump in the road Fran. You know how hard I work, creating too many things to do all the time. Well here I'm resting, being pampered. No effects yet. The shit will hit the fan soon, but so far I have not been resistant, angry,or too sad. I am motivated to get back to my regular life with an adjustment I should have made years ago, and that I can thank the disease for. It brings a certain clarity to lifes path. For sure it has brought forward all the love in the world toward me. And a self appreciation as well. Strange isn't it, being forced to take stock?
I have never evidenced the incredible medical system like this before. What deep knowledge, skills,inventions,tools,coordination. Amazing.
I'm doing fine so far. No pain, no discomfort. Can't tell I'm sick, which is scary, cause my body is fuckedup. If I hadn't gotten that bloodtest Franny I probably would have gotten one of my many Bronchitses and into pneumonia and out of here. So I'm again a fortunate guy. Fell into being a musician (meek little Jimmy Buchanan falling into his brothers footsteps) and
I keep hitting the bar and sending messages in the middle! Hah!
Anyway, I have to thank the disease for shutting down everything, giving me a much needed rest and offering me time to evaluate my life. I'm OK. I'm not angry, or scared really. I'm missing alot of good things outside the hospital, like Benjamins 6th birthday bash yesterday, but, I had alot of nice talks with people here today, visitors. My meeting and spending time with Michael Brecker has become a highlight in my life. That encounter may not have happened anywhere else. We both have the same disease, and talk on that issue, and such. But it's so comfortable because hes a musician. He says we're "Chemosabbies" and the "Sloane rangers" Hah!!
Oh well, hit it again.
Great to talk to Geoff the other day. I love you guys very much, you know that. I recently watched the video of us all in Woodstock. I'll checkout Karas stuff on Google. I spoke to John Sepe this week, and Jerry Tedesco has called many times and has showered me withh love. Feelin Good Baby.
Peace. Again soon. Keep talkin to me. I'm probably going to copy these messages into my blog. I guess its your therapist skills which brought so much out of me 4 am in a NYC hospital.
JIMBO

No comments: