Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Steady

Tues. 3/20 11 am. After a clean shower. Feel good. WBCs increased today to 0.8 after being 0.6 for 2 days. Dr. Berman and Dr. Heaney were both here. Ellin wants my Neutrophils (which are at 0.0 still) up to 1,000 for several days before I can go home. So, I haven't heard where they are today, but hopefully I can get out of here by the end of the week.
New roomate Brad is in the arts; he's a dancer/vocalist/ actor on Broadway. Worked with Christine in 42nd street and moved over to Beauty and the Beast. He was diagnosed after me in December. We have similar stories of being put back into here after a small infection. But... he's scheduled to have a bone marrow biopsy in April, and that will tie him up here a few months, so he also, like me, wants to get out of here. Since I'm scheduled to return early May and July I also need to breakout soon as possible. Need to go home to Carol soon. This hospital stay is a necessary drag.
Brad and I are talking to each other about our experiences. This is one of my goals. I want to hear how other folks are dealing. I'd like to talk to a few more survivors about experiences with remission since that seems to be the direction Doc is aiming for. I'm very encouraged by my bodies reaction to everything. It seems to be cooperating and bouncing back fast. I'm aiming for another remission here of less than 2% blasts (that would be the 3rd time in a row if I can reach that again).
Bob K is coming over for lunch. Glenn M-A for dinner time. Carol will take a much needed break today. She works at Westfield Library now on Tuesdays.
Riv had a great time in Texas. I'm reading about Texas now. Larry McMurtry's new book "When the Light Goes". I've been reading the Duane series in Woodstock. Gotta go now. Thanks for all the cards,calls, support. JIMBO

2 comments:

Randi said...

Glenn had a great time visiting you, Jim. Thinking of you everyday with lots of love and positive energy for continued healing....Randi

Debra said...

Hi, Jim. It was so good to see you last night... and to see you looking so well. I really enjoy our visits.

Have a good day today -- see you again soon.

Love,
Debra