Wednesday, December 6, 2006


1:15 am Thurs morn. 1 night to go in hospital. Tricia Woods dropped by between gigs. Also Rich Berggren , Bob and Colleen Helmacy, so a nice day of visits. For uplifting joyous music been enjoying the Beatles, Max Morath, and Henry Fillmore etc. Uplifting. Food has been sensational, both a veggie Quesadilla and a Mandarin Chicken Salad to die for!! Diabetes educator is working on a new routine for me. All drugs seem to have stopped (mostly) and just flowing water to clear me out. Down to 1 line!! Gotta nasty rash from the drugs we're trying to clear. The ENT doc shoved something through my nose into my pharynx to check it all out, again we think without all the drugs I'll heal ok. Well I was a little Anemic yesterday so they gave me another Blood transfusion, knocks me on my ass for a while. Poor Carol, by the time she arrived yesterday I was a Zombie again. But had a good meal and a walk. Now out of single room into a double room for my last 2 nights; "A Room with a View of the Bridge" again. OK.I'm short!! Not to complain. Followup next Wed. 12/13 with Dr. Ellin Berman; she'll do a bone marrow biopsy and we'll see where we stand with this disease. Followup/mopup Chemo begins some short time thereafter, 4 rounds 5 bags, less real physical problems associated with that "Consolidation Chemotherapy". Probably bring me into Spring anyway. We're a dealin'!!!
So, all questions were answered, it looks like I'm in ok shape, expect to be tired naturally, but ok. Can't wait to hear real music again on my sound system. Can't wait to have Millie remind me to put my car away!!. Play my basses. Hug my wife without a mask on. Really, maybe I will keep the masks and rubber gloves around for old times sakes. A little kinky, No???
JIMBO

2 comments:

Debra said...

Good Morning, Jim! So great that you'll be home tomorrow and that you can continue taking good care of yourself in the comfort of your own home. Millie has a lot of bossing around stored up, so watch out. See you soon.

Lots of love,
Debra

Greg Khost said...

Jim
Perhaps you remember me - I was one of your music students from Caldwell. I play the drums.

I ran into Andy Pritikin who forwarded me your blog. Looks like they are taking good care of you - glad to see it.

Just wanted to drop you a line and let you know I was thinking about you and hoping your are doing well.

Take care,
Greg Khost
gregorykhost@hotmail.com