Thursday, December 14, 2006


Thursday, Dec. 14, 7:30 am. This is Bill Tally dropping off a wonderful meal. Thanks Peggy. And there's Ian Kenselaar showing me his new Victor Bailey acoustic/electric bass guitar. What a beautiful instrument.Congrats kiddo.
Well the trips to the hospital the past 2 days were exhausting, but very productive. Tues. the ENT docs gave me an OK on my throat; it should heal on it's own in a while. What a relief, I was worried the Chemo etc. did some permenant damage, but they think I'll be fine. Then yesterday my session with my Chief Dr., Dr. Ellin Berman, at 10 :30 or so. All signs are good. She was happy, and rescheduled another review with Bone Marrow Biopsy for next Monday. Soon we'll be doing our "Consolidation Chemo", which will be 5 days in MSKCC followed by several weeks of clinical evaluations from home, and that will happen 4 times. So, I expect to be into Spring with those Chemos. My brothers Bruce and Kim are not possible donors to me if I eventually need a Bone Marrow Transplant, but that is all a bit of a while away, maybe a year away.So then I had a long session with Dr. Farooki's office. A brilliant wonderful young staff, Carolyn the nurse, and Doc. Diabetic reevaluation. He changed my numbers, made adjustments, and already I feel more confident I'm controlling the sugar better. It's been an awful challenge with all the events of the past month, but we seem to have it better under control now. Today I'm home, and feeling good. Changed the strings on my Acoustic/electric bass guitar yesterday, enjoying that axe. Earlier this week John Straus came to hang and played some nice piano blues, letting me jam on guitar ala blues. This was my first time taking my blues guitar playing out of the closet/practice room. Lookout Keb Mo!!! With my screwed up voice box I got a real blues growl!! So, thanks to all for your love, prayers, dinners, support for Carol (today is the 1st day she has been able to sleep in, getting much needed rest. God Bless my beautiful wife. What a strong woman.
Peace and love to all, have a great weekend. I gotta setup my Christmas tree now, then my trains for the Grandchildren.
Peace and Love. Happy Holidaze. JIMBO

7 comments:

Debra said...

Good Morning, Jim. Great news from your series of doctor's appointments. Can't wait to hear you sing the blues with your (temporarily)Tom Waits-like voice.

See you soon.

Lots of love to you, Carol & Millie from Elfin & me

Randi said...

Hi, Jim. I'm glad that the appointments went well, and also that Carol could sleep in and rest. We hope to see you this weekend. Lots of love from Randi, Glenn, Elana, and Dylan.

Riv said...

Hey Dad -

Sounds great - CANNOT wait to see you...

Love, Boo

Debra said...

Friday Morning -- Just saying hello. Hope you're having a good day.

Say hello to Carol & Millie.

Love you,
Debra

Anonymous said...

JIMBO: remaining calm and confident for complete recovery.

A & P said...

We're out here on the West Coast hanging on your every word...

A & P

David Guyet said...

I am checking in everyday....my computer is having some problems, but they should be fixed soon. I am mourning the death of my friend Joyous Allen, but she had a very full and satisfying life. You and I are going to hang in there for as long as she did...almost 90 years....Carol is going to live even longer because of her goodness to us and to all....and you will hang in there, too! Love David