Sunday, December 10, 2006


It's Sunday, noon.As you can see I'm wearing normal clothes!!! Been home since Thurs night, adjusting.Great to hear a real sound system, wear pov clothes, eat at a dinner table, go to the diner for breakfast, have guests come dig music together, sleep in our own bed, shower in my own shower!! Yesterday my buddy Bob Kenselaar came by and setup my MacBook with wireless internet so I can sit here on my couch, or anywhere in the house (hey, the next blog might be from the head!!) and write/communicate. While he was here Carol determined my legs were in a terrible condition with rashes and burns so at 5 pm we drove back to the emergency room at MSKCC and got an evaluation. No fever, all vital signs ok, but the nurses and doctor where also horrified by my legs. So after a full bloodwork, they determined my WBC was high as if I was fighting an infection, so Doc consulted with Ellin Berman and they determined to give me an oral anti-biotic which I had not previously had, so as to help fight infection. They did not dress the wounds, but said it would be ok for me to bath them. So, we got back home 9 pm, Sat night, had dinner, and tried to have a quiet night with my feet in the air. Slept good. But I still gotta get up at 5 or 6 am. I know the papers and coffee are ready. Well this afternoon Youth Orchestras of Essex have dedicated their concert to me, but my feet are too messed up to go; I hope to get an extra copy of the program. So it's great to be home. I'm organizing my get well cards, there are hundreds; THANKS everybody for your support, prayers, well wishes. I go back to MSKCC for apptmts. on Tues and Wed (another Bone Marrow Biopsy, ugh!!) to evaluate things. Hopefully we can hold off beginning the new Chemotherapy until after New Years, but I'll do whatever they say. It's been the best care. JIMBO

2 comments:

Riv said...

Dad -

Good to see you on the couch!! Talk to you later - love you - Boo

Debra said...

Good morning, Jim. It was great to see you at home yesterday, along with Carol and Millie. Dinner was delish!

See you again soon.

LOVE YOU,
Debra