Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Wed., Dec 20, 2 pm

Well,for some reason I'm having trouble uploading pix. Next time. Meantime, I just heard from the Doctors office that I need to wait another week or so to get results of Mondays bone marrow test. Meantime I'm feeling great. Diabetes seems to be under control, strength is growing. Tonight SwingTown, my 20 piece big band is playing at Centanni in Maplewood; so it's my first Gig since the hospital/chemo scene. I'm not playing, just conducting but I'm sure it'll feel great to be back in the saddle a bit. I played the valve tbone today a bit to get the chops and ears working a bit, and finally just bowed the upright through a few scales. Man, gotta rebuild the chops. The fingers got a little weak and soft, no callouses at all left. Little by little I'll rebuild. Have had nice visits with Bayou (who went through a bad hospitalization at the same time I did), Scott, Larry, Bob, Roger, Bruce and Laurie, and Steve was by yesterday as well. Great to see everyone. To the diner today with Susan and Ben. Got most of the New Years cards out yesterday. Really enjoy hearing from folks. Millie did alot of the work, stuffing, sealing, stamping. God bless her. She is incredibly efficient. No wonder they loved her at the NY Public Library (which she worked at until 91 plus years of age!!!
Got the tree and lights up, and a lovely new Chanukah table cloth for the season. Am working on the trains for when the kids arrive. Have a good week. JIM

2 comments:

Debra said...

Hi, Jim. Great that you'll be conducting tonight. Have a swingin' time! :)

Love you,
Debra

Bucky Buchanan said...

well HELLLO there Uncle Jim. GREAT to get caught up on your progress since getting home. One of these days life might allow me to get up your way and say hi! Maybe this weekend, but no promises.... I take after dad and have a little shopping still left to do!
Can't believe your up and conducting again.... thats GREAT. Can take the music aaway for a few weeks, but can't take the musician out of you! (Ok... i guess with that apple, you didn't lose the music either; boy how times due change!)
Glad to see everythings coming along. That is awesome. Keep up the PMA and we'll see you over the holidays!
Love,
Bucky